Things I’m really excited about this year:
- One week from tomorrow, my high school best friend and I are meeting for the day in Richmond for pedicures, lunch, and shopping. I’m so excited to spend some good girl time together, and I’m hoping we can make this a somewhat regular date.
- Two weeks from tomorrow, we start our road trip up to Cape Cod, where we’re renting a house for a week with my parents and Domingos’s mother and aunt. Hopefully the weather will cooperate and we won’t be too chilly! Also, we’re stopping by Long Island on our way home to visit two of Domingos’s college friends, and I can’t wait to meet their new little one (though he was born over a year ago, not so new anymore!).
- Two days after I’m home from Cape Cod (yes, it is a crazy turnaround and it will sound even more so when I say where I’m going) I get on a plane for a very quick two-day visit to Boston (the logistics just worked out better that way). My friend from Australia will be there for a work conference, and she was able to add on a couple of days at the end so that we can hang out. I haven’t seen her since her wedding in NYC in 2007, so I’m beyond thrilled that this visit worked out.
- At the end of June, I’ll be going up to DC to do Suzuki Book 1 training. I’m really looking forward to the training, as I think it will refresh my teaching mindset and also give me a lot more confidence working with beginners. I’ll be splitting my time staying with two friends from my Army days, so it will be great to catch up with them, as well.
- In mid-July, my mom will be here for a visit by herself (my dad will be off on an epic motorcycle adventure in India). If things work out, my sister-in-law will come as well. In all these years (I’ve known her since I was 17), we’ve never really had a chance for the three of us to hang out alone, so I think we’ll have a lot of fun and I can’t wait for that. Crossing fingers she can get off work to join us!
- Later in July, Domingos and I are doing one of my bucket list items – seeing the pony swim in Chincoteague. We’re on a chartered boat tour for the swim, so we’ll have a really great view.
- In August, my parents will visit together for a week, and then we’ll all go to my cousin’s wedding at a winery in northern Virginia.
- In November, for my 40th birthday, Domingos and I are spending two nights at the Foster Harris House B&B, and having dinner on my birthday at the Inn at Little Washington (another bucket list item).
- Over New Year’s, we’re taking the train to New York and staying in my dream hotel, the Library Hotel. Hopefully, our friends at West Point will be able to come down and join us for dinner on New Year’s Eve.
It’s going to be a good year!